tirsdag 8. desember 2015

December Dreams


In the dark December night I wait for a bright and shining light.
I wait for the coming of our Lord: Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the world.

He came – as an unassuming, ordinary guy, lived among his people in the Middle East, many, many years ago. He had a mission, and he fulfilled it. His mission was to live a godly life, and then die…an undeserving death.
            But it did not end there. He was an ordinary man, but he was also God incarnate. And our God is no ordinary god; but the Creator of all things. Can we ever grow tired of hearing that God died for our sake? I stare at the options, and I shudder.

He was the King of Kings – and still is. How can I fathom it? I can gaze at him; I can come a little closer. I can be in his presence, and there, like a small bird huddling under his large wing, I can rest. The Lord God Almighty reigns.

And He will come again. This is my hope, my joy, my bright and shining light  - the Lord, Jesus Christ will come again, and this time he will let the whole world see and marvel at his strength and greatness, his power and his grace; for he is a righteous King.

Let us be ready, my friend, to come face to face with the One who was and is and forever will be: Jesus, The King eternal and our Saviour.

Anyone who comes to him, he will not turn away. He is truth and love, and his love is stronger than any evil force. Take heart, my friend. He is trustworthy. Eternity is in his hands. “ No one comes to the Father except through me”, he says. And all who come will know it.


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar