lørdag 2. juli 2016

Renewed Faith



I believe in God, and I believe God when He speaks.
Our modern and postmodern mindsets have forgotten the simple truths, for they have become clouded with many options and variables. I have listened for some days to a clear voice, a pastor who is not afraid to speak of truth. It is refreshing. I see again how vital it is for us to trust the God who speaks.
            I have seen time and again when anyone compromises the Word of God, thinks himself above it and chooses to be selective, to undermine the voice in the Word by doubts and by denials, the person loses. He loses perspective of life, and loses faith in a living God who is good and benevolent, and who is holy. He struggles with his own lack of coherence, and it seems like he is trying to fit God into the categories of his own mind.

Disillusioned, walking in a fogbank with no direction must be rather frustrating. I felt like I stood on the edge of the fogbank, looking into it, but not entering in the land of confusion. Others did. How are they, I wonder?

I listened to the pastor who said so clearly that there is no difference between God and His Word. You cannot say you believe in God and not what He says. It does not make sense.

Christ Jesus is the living Word of God. He is here with us; he lives in us and among us. A Christian is born of the spirit of God, and by this new birth we are brothers and sisters. By this new spirit we live life – being renewed in our hearts and minds, to live the good life, which is pleasing to God. Only by the spirit of God can we live out a Christian life. Anything else is struggling in our own strength and endeavor. It is exhausting, because it is never enough.

To be a Christian is to follow Jesus. In life and reality: Jesus is Lord.

I feel there are many more words I would like to say – and they will come in due time; but as for now, this suffices: The King of the Universe is my Lord and my Saviour. His words are life and sustenance. I am settled, renewed in my faith.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar