tirsdag 5. juli 2016

What does it mean for life?


I want to be true in what I express, and try to convey the reality and down to earth life lessons from the realm of God. 

The question: “How do I live as a Christian?” comes up from time to time, and I have responded boldly many a time, but always with the expectation that the one I interact with is a Christian. How else would he talk about living the Christian life?

The connection between the living God, His Word, and the human experience has been one aspect of the inquiry. In what way do we connect? To what extent is there a human factor?

In my basic understanding of theology there is no human factor; it is all by God. Still the question arises: yes, but how does it connect to my world, my experience, my mind and heart?

The connection is through words; through language, and through the fullness of human experience – we react as complete beings, with mind, heart and soul.  We are not apart from our senses in anything we interact with. How can there not be a point of connection?

God is the one who causes the connect, and He is the one who conveys the content –it is all an act of God, and we do interact with the call, the challenge, the conviction, the surrender.

We are given a new Spirit, the Spirit of God, who is not I and my spirit – no fusion takes place, but the Holy Spirit has a separate existence in me.
Nicodemus was one who was well versed in the Scriptures, who knew much of history and tradition; but he did not know about the new, fundamental change, which any person needs to undergo, in order to live a life with God: in Christ we have access to this new life.

Anyone, who like Nicodemus, seeks to live the Christian life without this fundamental change, will necessarily become exhausted, and self-searching, turning into self to see where the source of life is – and he will not really find it. It is not there. 

The source of life is in Christ Jesus: and again the challenge to come before him, the Lord of the Universe, the Lord of life is essential. Jesus is Lord, and he is Saviour. Only through Him can we enter into a relationship to God

For some of us this is obvious, for we can witness it in our own lives. It is not folly, nor due to ignorance and any simplistic tradition of ‘just believe, do not think’. For anyone this is truth; but to surrender to Christ is a challenge for the ones who fear they may lose their intellectual integrity. It is a greater challenge in life to be strong and to be gifted, for the need for comprehension hinders the step in faith. Faith is not blind, but fear may cause a rather blurry vision.
Many are they who have a mind with great capacity who fully trust the Lord of Life, Jesus Christ, and live in fullness of their intellectual and mental capacities. No one has ever become limited in the scope of being human, expressing the human mind and doing research into their field of study because they are Christians. Rather, on the contrary – they have a sense of freedom, a scope of reality which may go beyond this material world, in their comprehension of what is real.

The Lord of Life, Jesus Christ, is my Lord, and I am challenged to surrender to and adhere to the words and commands He gives.  Why do I call this good, and voluntarily submit? I do, because his words and commands are good. They challenge my sins; they free me in forgiveness; for Christ Jesus is a Living Lord. In the relationship with Him in prayer, I can live. And, believe me, this is a truly blessed life. I am not lying.

As you have read through all these words, I have a question: Have you dared surrender to Christ, or are you trying your best to adhere to the standards of Christian living, spending much your energies in doing so, and still wondering if it is enough? The truth is: you can only live a Christian life by the Spirit of God, and his His power and strength.  Anything else is folly.


I think I am down to earth – but perhaps it is better to say: I am closer to heaven, and that is where the real world has its fundament. At least what it means for life is beyond this temporal sphere, as well, since we are looking into eternity.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar