lørdag 20. juni 2015

In Transit



The prayer room at Heathrow is rather plain and not in a central spot. It is well marked, but in a tucked away in an old section. Not much business here. There was no decoration in the Christian section - on in any of the other small sections. But there was a table which was dedicated to Christian usage. It was called an altar. The only other person in the area was an older man sitting cross legged reading from a book - I could not see which book -
 After a while I was on my own there, reading a devotional (for the day) and reading from Colossians 1. I was thinking about the Ladies' Conference in Notodden, since they are studying the letter to the Colossians today.

I have been at this airport for some time, loving having all the time in the world, looking at people. For a while I did not have my hearing aids in and much of the hustle and bustle was dimmed.
         One  sad thing: old people hurrying. It looks counter to intuition.

I looked at  variants of my former 'self' in different roles. There was the elegant young lady in high heels and a smart suit, business like, and I recognized how awkward and strange I felt in those sort of clothes, while strutting about with the air of being at home in it. I was a tour guide on chartered bus tours. I saw the loving mother carrying her infant and all the stuff that goes with it - with great strength. We traveled quite a bit internationally with our kids... But I do not see anyone my age I relate to. They do not reflect how I feel or understand my self and my stage in life. I see the 'wrinklies' dressed in teen age fashion, and I cringe inside. Know yourself.

                          And read Paul's letter to the Colossians.  Know where you are going


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar