fredag 26. juni 2015

Set Free


 
I am set free.
I am at peace.
I have been in the sacred space and met my Lord. Honesty and confession, a path towards inner freedom, is set before me. Being away from my regular setting gives perspective.
Confusion is dissipating; there is an either/or. There is life and death. There is good and evil. There is God and the enemies of God. But God is by far the strongest.
Nothing is new for my Lord; my confessions have been before him at all times, but the force of the challenge and temptation threw me in a whirlwind of inner turmoil. The truth was evident, the path was clear. The Lord was with me, side by side, never faltering, never slumbering. And he leads me to places of rest and restoration. Speaking metaphorically, Nehemiah’s walls hedge around me, keeps me safe.There is renewal. There is catharsis. For this life and the life to come it matters how we live. Anything else is a lie.

In the book of Revelation, it says in ch. 21,  “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people. God himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”  These are true words for this life and the life to come.



Introspection is useful when done in God’s light, in reference to his words and will for us. The strange aspect with  - should I call it ‘Theo-spection” - in reference to God looking into our heart and soul, rather than ourselves, is that in such a light we see who we are, in truth. The effect is that we are set free from our own bondage and boundaries.
Besides, Christ is the centre, and not we.  
To know Him is to know life.
This is essence of sacred space and time.



Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar