onsdag 9. september 2015

Händel "MESSIAH" | King's College, Cambridge Choir |

"Behold, the Lamb of God"...  the song is in Part 2, about an hour in to this recording,
..."who taketh away the sins of the world!" I was reminded of this as I read newspapers and reacted against the ideas of some that God brings his wrath upon unsuspecting individuals as a collective punishment. God is not a weather-god who flares his anger in lightening and thunder. God is not random or despotic, not 'stern in his retribution'. He cares for the downtrodden and weak, for the victims - and his anger burns against all unrighteousness, all that causes harm - but his wrath  and punishment Christ suffered for.  "Behold, the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sins of the world!"

We used to sing the Pascha part in our old church, every Easter, with orchestra and soloists. I was preparing a small devotional for the pupils at school the other day, and the mighty chorus rang in my head. I felt transported in my soul into the glory of the Kingdom. So, I listened again to my favourite parts, joining in with the alto part...all alone in the teachers' work room:)




The songs are strong, beautiful. True.
"I know that my Redeemer liveth"...!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar