fredag 25. september 2015

Violations of the Sacred


Will I dress in black, in mourning for the violations of the sacred space? I dressed in black today, at work, and I had two crosses, dangling like bling, around my neck. It did start a few conversations.

            I was in heated debate mood in the early morning hours, and I did not spare the whip on my imaginary foes. I saw caricatures in of leaders before my inner eye, with horn like small devils. Sharply and solemnly I was speaking in the grand conference of my imagination. The Christian church has been under attack again – this time, not from slaughtering evil-doers with deathly violence. No, the attack is on the institution of church organization. The ‘liberals’ have hijacked the organization and forced them- selves on the believers. They have raped the church. In open defiance against the teachings of the church and of the Word of God, they have paved the way for the church council to redefine ‘marriage’ to include two women’s lesbian relation, or two men’s gay relation, which in turn is to be ‘sanctified’ in the church. 
"love is blind"
The argumentation they provide for this will, in turn, entail some natural consequences: that any person of any sexual preference and orientation, be it as devious as it might, he or she will have the ‘right’ to claim church sanctifications over their pedophilia, animal sex relations, prostitution - or bigamy.
           Should not these people be welcomed at church? Should they clean up their act before coming to the sacred space? Come, I say, please, come: but when you do, expect to meet your Maker, and expect to be changed. Expect to see truth in the eye, and be confronted with your self and your guilt. Confess, and receive the liberating words of ablution. Forgiveness is in its path. Jesus is the One who saves.

            But the ‘liberal’ train, with its festive cars of gay passengers, with its selection of bishops and theology professors, brings their faithful down a horrid trail to the abyss. “Love”, their leaders say, ”love is what drives this train.” What kind of love, I wonder, will encourage anyone towards Hell? Blind love, perhaps?

The church of Christ has seen many heresies, many blind paths, many horrid practices in course of time – but somehow it has survived and become renewed and redirected. I may fret like a mad cat, but the Lord Jesus has led me to prayer.
Jesus Christ is the head of the church. He is in charge. He will raise up leaders and people to speak truth. He will pour out His Spirit on us, and strengthen us in the faith. Every generation needs to answer His call.

People may cause violations of the sacred, and they may cause great harm to many. They may hijack the sanctuaries, defile the symbols, but they can never destroy the sacred heart.
Repent, my friend. God showed his love towards us by letting Jesus die for us while we were still sinners. He died to set us free.

I will dress in cheerful colours, I think, for my future is bright:) 


Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar