fredag 24. april 2015

Evensong -


In large cathedrals, like St. Paul's and Westminster Cathedral in London, there is an Evensong at 5 p.m. on most days. God willing, I will go next time I am in London, and I hope to have a group of students with me, to experience the trained choirs define the moment of sacred time. 
          But tonight I had another free concert, at dusk. The volume of the voices rang out into the still air, as nightfall was settling in the forest. A choir of birds were giving their songs, each in its own key, with its own tonality, but the symphony was deep and stirring. Other sounds had quieted down, and the voices carried with clarity.

I was walking home from a function at our school, an evening gathering to listen to a former missionary giving a homily, and singing and praying together. The sacred space was like a Prayer House. I was delighted at the simple message. It spoke to my heart. The Lord will not forsake me, not condemn me; I am loved, despite my shortcomings.


Evensong - praises to God at dusk, as the day settles - I stood still on the dirt road, attentive. Enchanted. Evensong...  

A bird sanctuary

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar