fredag 6. mai 2016

Time to Pray; Time to Nag


There are days I sit and catch up with myself, in a way. I am concerned with many things and with people, and I forget to listen to my own heartbeat. It is not important for this world that I have an opinion to share  - but it maybe important for me to share it. Very quickly it may become a request for more, but I am not an entertainer. I have participated a little in the public eye, and may do so again. Still, I feel like the Lord reminds me, ever so gently, that I should come to Him, be in His presence, rest by his feet and take shelter under his wings. I speak in images, and hopefully you sense what I say with these words.
            So, He calls me to come before Him, to pray. I have a small prayer book. It is so good to have; it helps me get started. I have the Bible open. Presently I am reading in Paul’s letter to the church in Rome.
            In the moments of prayer, I can be totally honest with God. He knows all my thoughts and feelings, all my opining, disagreements; all the people I wish could stop menacing  - he hears about them. I am not a lady full of sainthood when I pray. I don’t think I look anything like Mama…whats-her-name, with the mild, saint-like gleam in her eyes. No, I am sadly honest about my own shortcomings, but the Lord knows…and I am forever urging God to reveal himself to people who are just so blind!
            I don’t want to nag, really; but I think I nag, nonetheless.

I have heard, read, and learnt much about prayer. At times I was almost like a pro, and it was blissful as long as it lasted. But then again, I forgot about the whole thing. Well, that’s how I am:  like a lightning bug on fire, buzzing about, and then settling down in the shadows, only to become an ordinary bug in the daytime. But God is God; He is in charge, and I am happy. He calls me in for refills, for a nice cup of tea in His tent. I rest my weary mind; I rest and know that His will be done, in His time.

            And still, he is ok with the fact that I nag.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar